A fellow DangerClubber invited me to a murder mystery evening. My character was listed as a Gun Runner. This inspired me to make some rubber band guns.
I started out by making some rough shapes from plywood.
Once I had a shape I liked I traced it onto some scraps of MDF
With every project I try to develop a new skill. This time round it was bandsaw work. I have been meaning to pick up a bandsaw for ages. I used the bandsaw to cut out the blanks. I considered using a template router setup but it was going to be a pain in the ass. Once I had all the blanks cut out I used a 1″ spade bit on the drill press to bore out the “trigger” holes. Next step was to round off all the edges. I used a 1/4″ roundover bit on the palm router and zipped through the roundings quickly. To fire rubber bands I needed to notch the front end of each barrel so its back to the bandsaw. Final step was to glue a clothes pin to the top of each gun and clamp them together to set.
The next morning I decided to take it a step further and try to make a couple other style of guns
I made a sawed off shotgun